Wisconsin Flying Hamburger Social is a hit!
With the first couple fly outs officially behind us now, it’s safe to say that whoever dreamed up the idea of the Wisconsin Flying Hamburger Social is definitely on to something. There’s now an official web site http://www.wiflysocial.com/ and a northern contingent! If Wednesdays don’t work for you to attend the Central Wisconson fly outs, perhaps you can make it to one of those in Northern Wisconsin. Here’s the official list of dates and locations:
7/11: Three Lakes – K40D
7/18: Tomahawk – KTKV
7/25: Crandon – KY55
8/1: Land O Lakes – KLNL
8/8: Phillips – KPBH
8/15: Eagle River – KEGV
8/22: Manitowish Waters – KD25
8/29: Rhinelander – KRHI
Hope to see you all there.
EAA Chapter 992 Minutes – - Monday, June 10, 2013
Meeting held at the Taylor County airport FBO picnic table, approximately 7 p.m..
Present: Chris Owens, Noreen Moen, Alan Hughes
As only 3 members were present, no formal meeting was held.
General conversation covered the topics of:
- B17 ride for Kenneth Johnson in Madison , July 27. Chris said he will immediately make final arrangements for that to happen. At some point during that day, we will need to set up the tables, etc for our breakfast to be held the next day.
- Noreen mentioned we still have not found someone to transfer food from the Eagles club to the Marshfield airport for the fly-in breakfast on July 28. She said she would ask Tyler ’s Mom if she would be willing to do that.
- Any fly-outs considered for the upcoming weekend – nothing formal as it’s Father’s Day weekend. Families can do their own thing. Chris said he plans to attend the fly-in breakfast in Middleton on July 14.
- We reminded each other that the chapter had been asked to participate in the Hamburger cookout to be held at Marshfield on Wednesday evening.
- Chris told us that being an EAA member gives us the perk of gaining free access to many science ( and other) museums around the country – he and his family had recently taken advantage of that opportunity in Chicago .
- Noreen mentioned it would be a good idea to have our breakfast posters printed and distributed earlier than in past years. She will contact Dave about the posters.
- She will also place a Notice in the Marshfield Herald prior to our Breakfast – including information about our chapter Scholarship recipients.
The group disbanded about 8 p.m
N. Moen, reported