Wisconsin Flying Hamburger Social is a hit!
With the first couple fly outs officially behind us now, it’s safe to say that whoever dreamed up the idea of the Wisconsin Flying Hamburger Social is definitely on to something. There’s now an official web site http://www.wiflysocial.com/ and a northern contingent! If Wednesdays don’t work for you to attend the Central Wisconson fly outs, perhaps you can make it to one of those in Northern Wisconsin. Here’s the official list of dates and locations:
7/11: Three Lakes – K40D
7/18: Tomahawk – KTKV
7/25: Crandon – KY55
8/1: Land O Lakes – KLNL
8/8: Phillips – KPBH
8/15: Eagle River – KEGV
8/22: Manitowish Waters – KD25
8/29: Rhinelander – KRHI
Hope to see you all there.
EAA Chapter 992 Minutes – - Monday, June 10, 2013
Meeting held at the Taylor County airport FBO picnic table, approximately 7 p.m..
Present: Chris Owens, Noreen Moen, Alan Hughes
As only 3 members were present, no formal meeting was held.
General conversation covered the topics of:
- B17 ride for Kenneth Johnson in Madison , July 27. Chris said he will immediately make final arrangements for that to happen. At some point during that day, we will need to set up the tables, etc for our breakfast to be held the next day.
- Noreen mentioned we still have not found someone to transfer food from the Eagles club to the Marshfield airport for the fly-in breakfast on July 28. She said she would ask Tyler ’s Mom if she would be willing to do that.
- Any fly-outs considered for the upcoming weekend – nothing formal as it’s Father’s Day weekend. Families can do their own thing. Chris said he plans to attend the fly-in breakfast in Middleton on July 14.
- We reminded each other that the chapter had been asked to participate in the Hamburger cookout to be held at Marshfield on Wednesday evening.
- Chris told us that being an EAA member gives us the perk of gaining free access to many science ( and other) museums around the country – he and his family had recently taken advantage of that opportunity in Chicago .
- Noreen mentioned it would be a good idea to have our breakfast posters printed and distributed earlier than in past years. She will contact Dave about the posters.
- She will also place a Notice in the Marshfield Herald prior to our Breakfast – including information about our chapter Scholarship recipients.
The group disbanded about 8 p.m
N. Moen, reported
With one of the longest coldest winters on record finally giving way to one of the wettest springs on record it naturally makes all of us start thinking about flying (assuming of course the sun still exists behind all those clouds). Wautoma on June 16th and Middleton on July 14th are the next two possibilities for us. Additionally, a weekly hamburger fly out has been initiated by our friends at the Wausau Downtown Airport. The idea is that each Wednesday a different airport will fire up their grills and serve as hosts for the evening planning for airplanes to start arriving around 5:30. The schedule for the summer is:
6/12 – KMFI (Marshfield)
6/19 – KSTE (Stevens Point)
6/26 – KISW (Wisconsin Rapids)
7/03 – KMDZ (Medford)
7/10 – KAUW (Wausau)
7/17 – KMFI (Marshfield)
7/24 – KAIG (Antigo)
7/31 – Airventure Week … no fly out planned
8/07 – KRRL (Merrill)
8/14 – 3WI4 (Flying O Airport – Wausau)
8/21 – KMFI (Marshfield)
8/28 – KAUW (Wausau)
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
EAA Chapter 992 Minutes
Monday, May 13, 2013
Meeting held at the Marshfield airport FBO boardroom.
Present: Chris Owens, Noreen Moen, Tom Jablonicky, Alan Hughes, Al Mader, Tyler Stargardt, Don Halloran, Matt Keifer, Harry Dolan, guest-Ellen McIllquham.
Chris opened the meeting at 7:00 p.m, and began by reading the minutes from the April meeting – a motion for approval was made, seconded/carried. Harry told the members the chapter bank balance remains at $3339.03. He has received $80 in membership dues he has not yet deposited.
- Old business: Regarding the B17 ride for a WW11 veteran – name correction from previous meeting – Kenneth Johnson.
- Chris has determined the EAA B17 will be visiting Madison on July 27, and he will make a reservation for Mr. Johnson to participate. Perhaps some of the chapter could be there to participate in the event. Chris has asked Brady Lane to write up the story – if possible.
- New business: Two scholarship applications were reviewed – Tyler Startgardt and Brady Wojit. Both applications approved – funds will be forwarded to the applicants if their fall semester transcripts are acceptable.
- Possible Fly-out destinations/dates were discussed. Possible dates: Wautoma June 16, Middleton July 14. A decision to be made at the next meeting in June. Alan suggested we participate in “Hamburger Night at the airport” events. He and his wife Cheryl will provide the food at the Medford Airport on June 5th and proposed the chapter sponsor the event in Medford on July 3. Discussion to follow at the June meeting.
- Harry told the members that when his term as treasurer is completed he would appreciate someone else taking over the reins. Terms of the executive to be reviewed.
- It was noted that as Mona will be unable to transport the prepared food for our breakfast(July 28) – we should all be thinking of someone who might take on that role.
- Adjournment at 8:05 Respectfully submitted by Noreen Moen Program:
- Chris and Matt briefly brought us up to date on their building projects.